Founded in 1992, Weave A Real Peace is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with members from across the United States, Canada, Central and South American, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Our newsletter is published quarterly telling of weaving, spinning, and dye cooperatives and other member projects from around the world. Once a year we come together for an annual meeting in a place rich in regional textile resources or history. Our 2021 annual meeting was held virtually, with all of the presentations recorded and available. We also have monthly programs hosted on zoom, which feature panels of members presenting about their work in textile communities around the world.
WARP is a catalyst for improving the quality of life of textile artisans worldwide. We are an inclusive global network of individuals and organizations who value the social, cultural, historic, artistic, and economic importance of textile arts.
- Textiles are fundamental to the human experience and reflect a community’s culture.
- Cross-cultural exchange enriches the lives of individuals in the global textile community and promotes positive change.
- Networking and sharing information facilitate constructive action.
- Making ethical connections between textile artisans and the market empowers artisans through stable income generation.
- WARP is accessible to a multi-lingual, multi-cultural, and all-inclusive network.
- We bring an ethical orientation to all we do.
- We promote the sharing of information, resources, and technical assistance within the global textile arts community.
- We see tangible impacts resulting from our networking in textile arts communities around the world.