Alice Brown Memorial Scholarship 2019
Applications Now Open until March 31, 2019
Please Click Here to view and complete the application.
The Alice Brown Memorial Scholarship assists applicants ages 35 and under to attend the WARP Annual Meeting. Preference is given to students or recent graduates, but those pursuing non-traditional career paths related to WARP’s mission are also encouraged to apply. This is a great opportunity for early career individuals to be impacted by what WARP has to offer. In addition to connecting with our members, recipients give a presentation about their work and receive a two-year WARP membership. The scholarship will cover the full registration and housing costs of attending our meeting in Washington, DC from June 20-23. Travel costs are the responsibility of the recipient.
Strong applications will demonstrate the applicant’s interest in WARP’s mission of fostering a global network of enthusiasts who value the importance of textiles. For more information about WARP’s core values, please visit weavearealpeace.org/about. With questions, feel free to contact Carrie Miller at email@example.com.
Alice Brown was a generous WARP member who had the foresight to donate the funds to establish the scholarship. Now, other members are helping to make the fund both sustainable and greater in scope. Those of you who have attended meetings since 2008 know how much these special young people have added to the event.
Memorial Assistantship 2019 – Apply now!
Our Assistantship offers financial assistance to allow “simple living” members to attend WARP’s Annual Meeting. In exchange, “Assistants” help at the Meeting or on a committee. This year, WARP has the following assistantship needs:
- Help is needed in D.C. for registration, assisting the auction and raffle organizer, and assisting vendors at the Marketplace.
- A photographer/videographer is needed during the annual meeting.
- The Development Committee needs a member with social media marketing experience to work with the board leading up to and following the Annual Meeting. Note: This assistantship would begin in early February– Please apply promptly if interested!
What has become the “Assistantship Memorial Fund” began in 2013 thanks to WARP member Susan Davis’s donation of the Gloria Davis Textile Collection. Susan’s friend, Gloria Davis was an anthropologist who collected the Indonesian textiles over her lifetime of doing field work. The textiles are available for sale at WARP’s Annual Meetings.
Recipients of an Assistantship may use the funds towards the cost of the conference fee and/or lodging. All other expenses are the responsibility of the applicant. There is no age limit. To apply, please submit a letter covering the information listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact information – name, e-mail, phone number, home address
- Skills applicable to the Assistantship (social media, photography, administrative, etc.)
- A short biography limited to a few paragraphs
- Why attendance at the WARP meeting is important to you
- What is most appealing about the WARP mission to you
- Amount of financial assistance that you are seeking