A donation to WARP expands our impact in textile communities to create positive change in the world. This holiday season, please consider making or gifting a donation to WARP. Thank you for joining us in the work we do!
WARP’s Impact in 2023
In the past year, we:
- Gave 17 development grants and 3 emergency relief grants to artisan communities in ten countries, totaling $16,928.
- Hosted over 40 presenters from artisan communities worldwide during our monthly panel discussions and fireside chats, and shared these virtual programs with over 2000 people in at least 25 countries.
- Held our first in-person Annual Meeting since pre-pandemic at Kent State University in Ohio, engaging the local Cleveland/Kent community, and broadcasting presentations on zoom so those unable to attend in person could join.
- Welcomed five scholarship recipients to our Annual Meeting from Argentina, Guatemala, and the United States.
- Held our first members exhibition at Kent State University’s Downtown Gallery, showcasing diverse artistic creations and traditions by WARP members from Argentina, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Laos, Lebanon, Mexico, Morocco, Uganda, the United States, and more.
- Published four newsletters and a monthly blog which powerfully document the stories of our members’ work in textile arts communities around the world.
- Updated our Artisan Direct Connect to include 80 listings of WARP member organizations. The ADC is a directory of resources offered by our members, including retail & wholesale sales, consulting services, and textile tours.
- Conducted a rebranding campaign and launched a new website design that makes WARP’s resources more accessible.
Please help us increase our impact in 2024 by donating!